Thursday, July 10, 2008

Thurday, July 10

So, there's been some translation and clarification - Matt will have his MRI tomorrow. The doctor doesn't recommend him going home anytime soon as he's still in that rough of shape, and the doctor is worried that by going home, Matt might move more, and hurt himself more. In addition, the polish speaking gentelman got released, and his buddy will be leaving soon too (which may I add, actually helped Matt shave this morning). The kindness of this people here just blows me away!

We brought a dvd player, but unfortunatelly the charged battery only lasted for 2 movies, and it cannot be recharged as the converter doesn't fit the plug in because it's set in deeper in the wall. My ipod and a book will have to be sufficient for Matt to pass the boredom (along with my visits of course).

4 comments:

Seeing U said...

I talked to you mom yesterday while she was watering the flowers. Kirby and I send our best wishes to both of you during this trying period. Our prayers are with you.

Karen and Kirby - your neighbours

Kevin and Tammy said...

We will be in prayer for you as try to survive in a third world country medical situation. He will give you peace.
Tammy

Duke said...

Sylvia,

Sorry to hear Matt is having such a bad time and to be away, not speaking the language. YIKES!! I hope the MRI comes back with good news - not sure what that might be under the circumstances but hopefully it is just a pinched nerve. I am off on vacation for two weeks and although I am not going to a third world country we don't have internet at the lake so I will be dying to know what the heck is going on. Will be thinking of you and Matt and praying for all to be going well. Can't come home without the prize!!!
Sherry

DeAnna said...

Hey you. I'm glad that you are continuing with the updates. Our thoughts continue to be with you and Matt. Give him a big hug for me... I wish I could give you one too, right now!! Hang in there!!

Can you post your other email address, again, for me.

We'll talk to you soon.

DeAnna.