Monday, July 14, 2008

July 15

No much new to add...Matt is getting better, although he still can't sit, stand or walk. We are starting to look at flights home.

For those of you that know Matt, you'll be very surprised to know that he's so bored in the hospital, that he actually finished reaking a whole book!!!

I've been trying to walk to places as much as I can, knowing that the stay here is coming to an end. I still keep getting asked for directions, and once I was actually able to help some people out. The way I spoke must have been very poor, as one of the people said "oh, she's not even from here!", but they took my advice anyway. I've bought myself some shoes, a red pair actually...maybe I can just click my heels 3 times and come home just like Dorothy :)

Again, I can't stress enough how much Daria has been helping us, she's like an angel watching over us all the way from Toronto!

1 comment:

Jane said...

I just read your blog, what a nightmare!!! I can't imagine anything worse than having to be in the Ukrainian healthcare system, especially when you are in pain. The flight back home is going to be interesting, to say the least. What a terrible thing to happen just when you started your adoption in country. We had the "pleasure" of visitiong several Ukrainian hospitals as our facilitator burned her hand when we were with her. Even though everything looks like it's out of an old movie, the people are always great and definitely more willing to help you than over here!!!

Good luck & I hope you get home safely

Jane