Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Date...??? I'm starting to loose track...

So, Matt had an X-ray, and now the Doctor thinks that he has a raptured disk. This will be confirmed by an MRI, which is yet to be arranged. He is getting better, but at snail's pace. He still can't walk, stand or sit. If this is what they think and a long recovery process is advised, we will be flying home after the MRI. Since Matt has to be at all of the adoption appointments, at this time, we cannot proceed further, just waiting for more information every day, and making our decisions based on that. One bit of good news that we did find out was that this condition is different than what he was originally diagnosed with in Canada, therefore our insurance will kick in!

The internet place I'm using right now, it's actually underground. You walk under the street to cross to the other side, but it actually turns into a mall, with couple of levels, a food court and this huge internet computer place. It's so modern and shocking. I can't believe the environment contrast between that and the post-war hospital!

I finally had a lovely break from the hospital yesterday evening. Our adoption agent from Toronto had a contact in the Canadian ambassy and told them about our situation. The wife of the head of immigration called me, and invited me to their home for supper!!! How sweet was that?! Now the funny part is that her husband, the one that works for the Canadian Ambassy, is actually from Regina. What friendly and nice people. This evening was just the break I needed to re-energize myself. They even send me home with a care package of some magazines, goodies and a bottle of wine - which I really really needed by now. I still can't get over all the strangers that are playing such influencial roles in our lives. Thank you all!!!

Ps: I have more people stopping me to ask for directions...I think that's so neat!

4 comments:

Alan & Lee-Anne said...

We just got back from our vacation and we are very disheartened to read the bad news. I know things are really tough right now, but hang in there, and things will work out. Alan & Lee-Anne

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear that Matt is in so much pain and that you may have to cut your trip short. We are wishing you both well and hope things improve for you soon.

Cheryl

Duke said...

I cannot believe all the things that have happened to you since you got there. As everyone else has already said you will have quite the story to tell. Glad to hear your insurance will kick in - your going to have to put in lots of overtime when you get back to pay for some of this. Or you could sell your diaper cakes!!!
Praying everything works out and Matt feels better soon. Nothing hurts more than a sore back.
Sherry

Kevin and Tammy said...

So sorry that you will have to return home. I know that is not what you had planned, but also know that God has a plan in all of this. My husband is disabled with his back so we understand these problems. I hope that you can get him home and get him back on the path to health and then you will be able to resume your adoption.