Saturday, July 12, 2008

Saturday, July 12

Not much has changed with Matt. He does seem to be in less pain everyday and you can tell he's got more good moments.

The adoption went to a rapid stop, and due to Matt's condition, we have not discussed any further plans. We just have to get him home safe.

I on the other hand, had another lovely break from the hospital. The Canadian family that invited me earlier for supper, took me with them to get groceries at a larger supermarket, as well as fresh market. The smell in the street market was fabulous - all the fresh flowers, fresh fruit and vegetables, smelled like walking through a garden. I stocked up on things that I haven't eaten since I've lived in Poland! mmmm Thanks again guys! We even found an extension piece to charge up the dvd player, but unfortunatelly it's buzzing to a point of concern...for fear of getting zapped @ 220 V...we'll just have to skip to books :)

So, there's never a dull moment with Matt's buddy in his room. Both of his parents came over today insisting that Matt see another "doctor". After painful translation and arguing, I decided it would be just easier if I went to see this guy to be polite to them. Well, it turns out that this "doctor" is a healer...the way that it was explained was that Matt had a curse put on him by a witch back home and needed this healer to take it away...very very interesting...for 2,000 grywna, we will not do that. Very nice of these people though...

3 comments:

junglemama said...

I'm so sorry for you guys. I wish Matt a speedy recovery.

Ali said...

Oh you guys! I can't believe what a wild ride it's been. I don't know what to say except I miss you and hope it all works out in the end.

Littleone said...

wishing Matt a speedy recovery and a safe trip home for both of you!