Friday, July 25, 2008

OMG

So, the nurse from Canada flew in on Thursday night. She got into the hospital as if she owned the place, it was pretty cool. She arranged a limo for us to travel to the airport the next day, and it seemed like things were falling into place.

Today we were suppose to fly all the way home, but unfortunately things didn't go as planned...Matt did not handle the flight well at all, his blood pressure changed significantly, he almost went unconcious and was in severe pain. Further travel was strictly prohibited (and actually cancelled by the flight attendant even before we landed). The ambulance took him from the plane straight to a hospital near by (a little town next to Munich, Germany). Within 40 minutes, they had 3 doctors look at Matt - one being a neurosurgon. He's currently all drugged up and very well taken care of in a very nice and well equipped hospital. They want to operate, but we need to check if insurance will cover the surgery, so we'll know more tomorrow. If they do, we'll stay here between 10 - 14 days. The nurse will be leaving tomorrow morning, but if we are travelling in the next couple days, another nurse will fly in to accompany Matt.

Luckily, I'm staying in a nice hotel, just across the street from the hospital...and patiently waiting for our luggage that I didn't have a chance to pick up at the airport obviously...

3 comments:

Kevin and Tammy said...

God has a specific plan. I can't say what that is, but you have been so patient. I hope that you get some good news soon. They should have some good doctors there. Hope he is resting comfortably. You are in our prayers.
Tammy

Living Life with Sophia said...

I have been following your journey and I feel so bad for you both. I hope your husband feels better soon. We are from GTA Ontario also. I hope you will be able to travel home soon.
All the best
Patricia

shelley zimmer said...

I have been following your journey and cannot believe what has happend..Sylvia you have been so strong and I am sure something good will come out of this journey..my thoughts are with Matt and hopefully he gets better soon...take care.. Shelley Zimmer (Matts co-worker)